MyBBHacks.com Plugins for  MyBB

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ezGallery 1.0.9
I like suggestions so the more the better. Currently no way to reassign a picture you could do it manually and change the id_member in the gallery_pic db table to user id of the user it should be for.

Integrated search probably would not do hard to organize different sets of data and the database queries would be larger if not seperate queries for either forum data or gallery data.
Like what I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
I guess I can understand the issue with integrating the search particularly on a large or very active forum. Perhaps just a change in title of the gallery search link to "Search Gallery".

Also, perhaps another search option could be added to display a date range of posted pics or maybe a drop down search option to display 'pics posted this year/month/week' rather than tracking new pics posted by cookie. Which ever is easier for you to code would be great!

I also think that the default display sort order should be as follows:

comment post date -> pic added date -> pic title (alphabetic)

That way if someone recently commented on a pic, it will always be shown first, followed by any recently added a pics. That way the most recent gallery activity will always be shown on the first page(s) shown for all visitors regardless if they are guests or registered forum members. Anyway, it's just a thought and it would basically be consistent with how the forums work.

Perhaps even a picture rating system could be added in a future release.

P.S. I went back and read some of your recent posts. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are you considering a free full (not lite) version release for MyBB? If so, that would be absolutely outstanding. Even then, I would be willing to put an ad (using your banner) linking to your site from my sites as a thank you.

Ohh...and where it shows "Picture Approved", it should show the pic title in bold, not "Picture Approved". Obviously if it's not approved, based on the admin settings, it will only be viewable by admins/moderators of whom can, if need be, either approve or unapprove the pic(s) using the link associated with that pic.

Also, if it's tagged as a "Reported Pic" by whomever, then it should be treated as an 'unapproved pic' until it has been reviewed by an admin and either (re)approved or unapproved, and thus deleted entirely and accordingly by an admin -and only by an admin.

I understand that some of my above suggestions may be a challenge to incorporate, but I'm only suggesting them from the point of view of an end user.

Anyway, its never a bad idea to let a non-programmer to give your software a test drive and watch what they do. I assure you that it'll give you much insight as to how 'real people' (no pun intended) will use it.

Keep up the good work! Big Grin
Thanks

P.S.S. if you want I can PM you my ezGallery link so you can see or test what I tried to describe previously as a possible bug. We can then either discuss it here or there as you wish.

EDIT: I just uploaded a pic to a different Gallery section and I think I know what it's doing. It's showing the "MyImages" page rather than the section that the pic was just uploaded to. So I guess it's not a bug so much as those pages just sort differently. -- MyImages sorts oldest to newest but just viewing a given galley section sorts newest to oldest.

Perhaps if it returned to the section the photo was uploaded to rather than to the "MyImages" page, after uploading a pic, it would be less confusing for the user/uploader.

Also, I believe that if it did that, the user wouldn't have to re-select the category to upload to. If they have a series of pics to upload to the same section, it would already be selected as it is now for the first pic when "Add Picture" is selected when viewing a given category. That way it would show the pic that was just added to that category first. (It already does that when just viewing a given category - if no pic is uploaded.)

With that said, I think just a change in coding that queries the db for the newest pic category, after the new pic is up-loaded and the db is updated, of course. That info would then be used to redirect back to that category rather than to the "MyImages" page.

Anyway, it now makes sense to me why it sorts oldest to newest in "MyImages" as that's the sequence that the pics were uploaded by that user, which is quite acceptable for that page. As for normal viewing of a category the newest pic should always be displayed at the top - and it is when viewing a given category if no pic was uploaded. So it's all good...Big Grin

In other-words, no bug, it's just a little confusing because of where it goes (redirects) after uploading a pic.

Sorry about being so ....uuummm.... 'wordy' in this post.

I do have one other suggestion, though.

I've noticed that when a 'too large' of a pic is trying to upload, it just hangs. So maybe an error checker should be added to display a message like; "Your picture dimensions are too large. Please re-size it and try again." And include a 'Return to Gallery' link so that they don't miss the message. Apparently it already knows that it's too big to upload, but it seems to keep trying anyway...so I think a friendly message would be better than waiting for it to 'time out' - if it ever does.

Again, thanks much for this. It's been needed, or wanted, by many MyBB'ers for a long time.

BTW, I fiddled with the db once, manually, and lost an entire year of really good conversations so I tend to shy away from doing that, though I did learn the importance of doing a db back-up before doing that now. Blush In fact, I'm still apologizing to my members for that snafu ...ARRHGG! Undecided
MyBBHacks,

Please re-read my above post after the "EDIT:"

Thanks
Still about a month away before I get back to real ezGallery work for MyBB it is either go to be a full blown MyBB plugin or a standalone version that integrates
Understood, we all have a life after all. lol. But I do think it's working quite well as a MyBB plug-in at this point.

If you do make it a stand-alone, will a new db have to be created for it or will it integrate itself into MyBB's db as it does now?

In either case, I look forward to whatever improvements it has (you have) to offer. Tongue

Please do consider including a "transfer from..." script so that nothing is lost in the transition from the MyBB plug-in (or any other forum versions) to the possible stand-alone version.

Thanks
I get a 403 whenever I try to access the eZ Gallery config file in admin panel.
Can you post the url that you are trying to access that has the 403 error you can remove your forum domain.

http://~/admin/index.php?module=config/ezgallery
Don't see any reason why that url would cause a 403 error. I would recheck the file permssions on the gallery files.
For me the Search and MyImages links are not in the table....
[Image: 15xl2ps.png]

Lmao why did I bother blurring it out when I left the forum name in the navbar....