MyBBHacks.com Plugins for  MyBB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User category
I am setting up a Love Doll owners community so our pictures etc can be a little sensitive. 

What is the difference between the members Gallery and other categories? Unless I am missing something, they both seem to be open to the forum to view. I would have liked to see the member category been made private only to the member it belongs too so he can paste images from it into posts if he wishes. The codes for pasting should be made available only in this category too for the owners use, not for visitors to paste links out of the forum for public to see?

There's other categories we can use to share images with others in the forum and get ratings and comments and what have you? I have yet to experiment with password and private settings, so can't comment on it as yet. I would have thought as the picture owner I'd be able to turn the share codes off? Especially when using sensitive images.

The watermark is a great idea BTW Smile

The whole gallery is really great, its just the user category i don't understand, to me its a little security thing because my site is a little more sensitive.

Gary
OK getting there. i have discovered how to make private galleries. This seems to work as i wish so above no longer a problem Smile

Just two other things.

My private pics show on the site stats. I can't seem to find how to turn that off? I guess if enough pictures my new private pics will eventually not show up on their as they'll never get viewed that much unless I reveal in a post....

Two, when psted in a post via the code link, and a user clicks on picture, the link is not correct and it opens a browser error screen

Example here... http://mylovedoll.uk/showthread.php?tid=9
Just a simple code error. Or the link in plugin is not correct?

Any advise on those small things....?
Gary

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Will answer option questions in the other post.

The download link can be turned off under MyBB Admin -> Configuration -> ezGallery -> Settings -> Layout then uncheck "Add link to download media item"
Like what I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
There are two type of categories.

Main gallery categories which gallery admins can create. They are shown when viewing the main gallery section.

Then user gallery categories which are found under Member Galleries.
If the membergroup has has the Personal Gallery Permission. Which is found Under MyBB Admin -> Configuration -> ezGallery -
> Permissions

They can then create their own mini gallery using the MyGallery link when visiting the gallery section. Member galleries can be password protected or private (invite only)

The sharing codes can be turned off under MyBB Admin -> Configuration -> ezGallery -> Settings -> Layout

I have fixed that sharing bug with ezgallery.php it was missing the full gallery url. This will be included in the next update.

For site stats are just talking about the number of pictures? Or names of the picutures?
(07-22-2022, 06:43 AM)MyBBHacks Wrote: There are two type of categories.

Main gallery categories which gallery admins can create. They are shown when viewing the main gallery section.
Then user gallery categories which are found under Member Galleries.
If the membergroup has  has the Personal Gallery Permission. Which is found Under MyBB Admin ->  Configuration -> ezGallery -
> Permissions
They can then create their own mini gallery using the MyGallery link when visiting the gallery section.  Member galleries can be password protected or private (invite only)

The sharing codes can be turned off under  MyBB Admin ->  Configuration ->  ezGallery -> Settings -> Layout

For site stats are just talking about the number of pictures? Or names of the picutures?

OK I have found out about the user galleries. They are cool using the "Private setting" when creating them, but I have found ways into them using a separate registered account quite easily. Unless I am using them wrong which is likely LOL!

It looks like "My Gallery" comes under the new private "Garys gallery?" I would assume that make My Gallery private? If not then i have totally got it wrong and you can teach me how to make a private gallery I can load pictures into?

One way to see pictures from your my gallery is you simple use the tag cloud, or any tags on photos and the Private photos appear like all other photos using that tag. The tag ignores the private aspect of the gallery.

Photos from My Gallery also make it to the Gallery stats. There's a section for "last picture uploaded," which is one of mine I just posted to my private Gallery, so open to everyone to see.

However the biggest flaw is an icon that looks like a picture frame next to the name of the "posted by:" entry in "picture stats." If you click it it opens the other members My Gallery showing all his pictures LOL!

I have noticed that word "private" doesn't appear on your private gallery either which is a little confusing if your not sure if your gallery is actually private or not? Perhaps I have got it wrong and using it all wrong?

Please note that the i know about turning sharing codes off, but it's pretty global from the admin area. I just feel that on open galleries the danger is that these codes could be used to post pictures off site by just about anyone with an account. In personal galleries they are very valuable for individual members to post the picture into posts? So be nice to be able to turn them off for open galleries, and on for private galleries, or let members decide to show them or not on their pics?

Think that's it for now....

Many thanks

Gary

Hi MyBBHacks

OK I have studied the gallery more and if these two things can be changed it would be a lot better for my use.

Not sure if you are thinking about changing these in next update? But if not...

I can get round the tags problem by not adding tags to my images. So an easy fix.

However more difficult...

Is there a way to turn the Gallery stats off, or safely remove the link from the gallery page?
How can I remove the picture frame graphics from my picture stats that opens up my private gallery?

Just found another vulnerability on private galleries

In the browser bar is the URL of the private gallery, looking something like:
http://mylovedoll.uk/ezgallery.php?su=user&cat=2&u=1
If the last number is changed to any other number, I can see my gallery from another account. Luckily my private gallery just full of nothing right now while I'm trying to get these vulnerabilities patched up somewhat? LOL

Many thanks
Gary
I think fixed them all including the tags/stats.
Posted a new release int he download section

!Fixed private galleries. There a few cases where private gallery photo information can be disclosed.
!Fixed thubmnail and medium size bburl link sharing codes to include the full url.
(07-23-2022, 07:03 AM)MyBBHacks Wrote: I think fixed them all including the tags/stats.

!Fixed private galleries. There a few cases where private gallery photo information can be disclosed.
!Fixed thubmnail and medium size bburl link sharing codes to include the full url.

Brillient Mr Hacks.

I'm just downloading and installing now.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Gary
(07-23-2022, 07:03 AM)MyBBHacks Wrote: I think fixed them all including the tags/stats.

OK download and installed latest version, but absolutely nothing at all has changed except the version number on plugin? I uninstalled the gallery and installed it again but its just the same.

Of course just new to mybb so hopefully installed right. I used filezilla to copy files across from download file to relevant places on the remote site. Then uninstalled the plug in in admin area and reinstalled.

Gary  Confused

I checked the download file and changes are there.
Did you replace the ezgallery.php and ezgalleryuser.php in the root of your mybb install with the ones from the zip file?