MyBBHacks.com Plugins for  MyBB

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bugs life
Hi Mr Hacks

A few things have turned up...

I've found a little error when posting pictures into a gallery in which the picture is then automatically posted into a Topic (forum)

Thumbnails work fine. But when displaying full size images in topic, the size of the image, for example 600 w x 800 h  is displayed 800 w x 600 h, so a portrait display is turned landscape (see attachment).

Just a thought: Can we choose to display picture medium size and have a link in the picture when transferred to forum automatically this way, just like using the medium size BBcode? Of course member pics should not open for guests, there should be a message telling them to join the site. Just photos from public galleries should be allowed to open for guests.

On a separate issue

I would like to open the galley to the public, but i just want them to be able to see pictures from public galleries I allow guests to view. This works fine using permissions so the member galleries are invisible to guests. However the index blocks still show images from the member galleries to guests. You can open them up too reveal all!

Is there anyway to hide images from guests on index blocks from member galleries they don't have permission to view.

The tag cloud works fine.

The stats page has raised its ugly head again. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn this page off, it can be very revealing.

Noticed that this shows stats for pictures in members galleries to guests as ATM it ignores permissions, and when you click on picture link it opens up the picture to view.

I don't mind the titles of members photos appearing in the stats as it makes the stats more true, but as long as member pictures are not linked for guests, just the public ones are. For members the stats screen is wonderful as it is.

Just wondering if Related images that appear when your viewing an image would show random member pictures too? Something to look at.

Gary
mylovedoll.uk

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think you may be away for the weekend?
[Image: bump.gif]
Will take a look later this week
Like what I do? Support me at https://www.patreon.com/vbgamer45/
Thanks Hacks Smile
Quote:I would like to open the galley to the public, but i just want them to be able to see pictures from public galleries I allow guests to view. This works fine using permissions so the member galleries are invisible to guests. However the index blocks still show images from the member galleries to guests. You can open them up too reveal all!
I don't see this issue on my test board as long as the member gallery is set to private. Member galleries do not have membergroup level permissions.

Quote:The stats page has raised its ugly head again. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn this page off, it can be very revealing.

Noticed that this shows stats for pictures in members galleries to guests as ATM it ignores permissions, and when you click on picture link it opens up the picture to view.

I don't mind the titles of members photos appearing in the stats as it makes the stats more true, but as long as member pictures are not linked for guests, just the public ones are. For members the stats screen is wonderful as it is.
Again are these member galleries public or private? I am not seeing the stats appear if the image is in a private gallery
(09-06-2022, 10:24 AM)MyBBHacks Wrote:
Quote:I would like to open the galley to the public, but i just want them to be able to see pictures from public galleries I allow guests to view. This works fine using permissions so the member galleries are invisible to guests. However the index blocks still show images from the member galleries to guests. You can open them up too reveal all!
I don't see this issue on my test board as long as the member gallery is set to private. Member galleries do not have membergroup level permissions.

Quote:The stats page has raised its ugly head again. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn this page off, it can be very revealing.

Again are these member galleries public or private? I am not seeing the stats appear if the image is in a private gallery

Hi Hacks

OK going to try and explain again. If it doesn't come across clearly let me know and I'll make a video on it which should show what i mean clearer.

If the members have their pics in in their own private galleries then all is good. They are hidden from everyone.

However some members want to share their pics with other members using the sharing gallery. This gallery is only open to members that have signed up on the site. Guests do not have permission to view this gallery. All is well here with other members, they can comment, rate and all the good stuff in privacy, no guests can see.

Now I wish to create a public gallery open for guest to view. In admin I created a Category called Public Gallery. In permissions, it is the only category where Guests is ticked so are allowed to view only. Nothing else is ticked on guest row so they can't do anything else but view.

However for them to view this gallery, it means I have to give Guests permission to enter the gallery page by clicking the "Gallery" link at the top of the site. Once in they can see the Public Gallery.

The Sharing Gallery is hidden from view. All perfect so far.

It's the index blocks in the gallery that show "recent pictures, most viewed pictures" etc that are displaying too many pictures, the public pictures which are fine but also the member only pictures from the sharing gallery,  and pictures from member galleries (that aren't private) . Just the pictures from the public gallery (that has the guests permission ticked) should be viewable to guests in the index blocks, nothing else.

If this can't be done, then perhaps the index blocks should all be invisible to guests instead, by default?

So all in all, can indexes and stats that are not supposed to be visible to guests be hidden?

The stats page also display images to guests from the sharing gallery and member galleries (that aren't private). I know that the stats will be different with the Sharing gallery and members galleries missing, but I can't have this pics viable to members when they click the link. Perhaps not having a link on pictures that aren't available to guests would be fine too to help keep the stats true.

The tag cloud works perfect.

This post is long winded but hopefully you can see what I'm trying to ask?
Is the sharing gallery setup like the picture below. Category level permissions that deny guests access.

At the moment yes, the guests are denied entry into the gallery completely.

However I wish to tick the "view" box for them so they can enter, but only see pictures from the galleries that guests are allowed to view. For me that would be the gallery entitled "Public Gallery" only

Its works in hiding the "Share and Full Members Galleries" from them, which is good.

It's the Index blocks and statistic page that show pictures from higher level galleries that is the problem.

[Image: thumb_up.gif]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If view is checked then yes it will appear in the blocks on the board. All the checks for blocks/tags and other spots is based on the view permission.